The purpose of the John Marshall High School Band Booster Organization (Band Boosters) is to provide adult support and assistance to the bands and color guard of John Marshall High School, their director(s), and school authorities in the pursuit of their objectives.
We strive to promote cooperation among the bands, school authorities, other school organizations, and the community. We also provide supplemental financial support to enrich the music education and color guard programs of JMHS.
Lastly, the band boosters encourage JMHS Band students to pursue further their education by providing college scholarships each year. The Bob Lewis Scholarship helps support those wishing to pursue music degrees. Seniors pursuing any major in college are eligible for The Rey Meza Scholarship.
Opportunities to be involved:
Anyone can be a band booster! Are you a parent/guardian, a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, an older sibling, or a friend of someone in the Ram Band? Are you a RAM BAND ALUMNI? Are you a business owner or a member of the community around Marshall?
Then the boosters are for you!!! There are many ways to get involved!
Register to be a booster member here: Booster Membership Registration Form
We need people to:
- Order spirit gear and wear it around town!
- Work as a chaperone: football games and competitions.
- Work the trailer crew for football games, competitions, or Winter Guard.
- Work concessions – football, basketball, volleyball, softball/baseball and other games.
- Volunteer at Marshall events such as Meet the Ram Band night or Ram Rally – selling food and spirit items.
- Help with the Winter Dance – chaperone.
- Help distribute game day meals.
- Help put equipment away after a football game or competition.
- Help with the band banquet in May – setting up, decorating, and making desserts.
- Document the Ram Band Seasons by taking pictures
- Donate to the cause!
- And many other opportunities!
If you are going to volunteer, you must have a background check completed. Please click here to sign up as soon as you THINK you will want to volunteer. The background check takes a few weeks.
All volunteers are required to wear a uniform. The uniform consists of booster or trailer crew shirt, black shorts/pants, and tennis shoes.