The purpose of the John Marshall High School Band Booster Organization (Band Boosters) is to provide adult support and assistance to the bands and color guard of John Marshall High School, their director(s), and school authorities in the pursuit of their objectives.
We strive to promote cooperation among the bands, school authorities, other school organizations, and the community. We also provide supplemental financial support to enrich the music education and color guard programs of JMHS.
Lastly, the band boosters encourage JMHS Band students to pursue further their education by providing college scholarships each year. The Bob Lewis Scholarship helps support those wishing to pursue music degrees. Seniors pursuing any major in college are eligible for The Rey Meza Scholarship.
Opportunities to be involved:
Anyone can be a band booster! Are you a a parent/guardian, a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, an older sibling, or a friend of someone in the Ram Band? Are you a RAM BAND ALUMNI? Are you a business owner or a member of the community around Marshall?
Then the boosters are for you!!! There are many ways to get involved!
To begin, You can download and fill out the booster membership form (page 4). Then you must have a background check completed. Please click here to sign up as soon as you THINK you will want to volunteer. The background check takes a few weeks.
We need people to:
- Donate to the cause!
- Order a New polo shirt and sport it around our community!
- Work as a chaperone: football games and competitions.
- Work the trailer crew for football games and competitions.
- Work concessions – football, basketball, volleyball, softball/baseball and other games.
- Work at Meet the Ram Band night – selling food and spirit items.
- Work at Ram Rally – selling approved item.
- Work the Christmas Dance – chaperone.
- Work as the floor crew for Winter Guard.
- Help distribute game day meals.
- Help put equipment away after a football game or competition.
- Help with the band banquet in May – setting up, decorating, and making desserts.
All volunteers are required to wear a uniform. The uniform consists of a booster polo shirt (needs to be purchased), black shorts, pants or capris, and tennis shoes.